/**/

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Movies | Bollywood

I have special attraction to these Bollywood movies. The stories are so romantic! I can even smell the perfume of those players.
Don't you ever notice that even Bollywood is the first movies producer in the world, Europe and the US rarely watch such kind of production.
Early, I saw "Coup de foudre a Bollywood". Quite simple story. Almost impossible love which became real. To me, Hollywood focuses only on "cliches" of all the Indian productions to make-up this one. It is supposed to make us quickly understand the complex emotions brought by this film.
When I was in Mada, 3 or 4 years ago, the national TV broadcasted a daily "Mari Mar". A Brazilian sitcom, telling the story of a poor girl who felt love with a much richer and charming gentleman. Sergio. A footballer.
I remembered that a little place, in front of the sea, in Tulear, was then named "Place Mari Mar".


Parineeta(2005)

I always ask myself how and why such romantic stories can deeply hit our hearts. Is it due to a huge lack of love? Or is it only the best way to escape from our daily misery? Luxury and wealth are the common parts of these kinds of movies. Love is often associated with either social classes, culture difference, weight of traditions or simply family affairs. Have you ever noticed that in western countries, such stuff seem to be ignored (or forgotten) for a long time? Cultural integration, no social classes anymore... Family is not as important as before. Individualism. Self promotion.

To conclude, even if many Bollywood stories are often dedicated to simple-minded audience, they are among the last (if not the last ones) who still bring social values and traditions.

3 Comments:

At 3:16 AM, Blogger Vaomiera said...

It's OK... I'll do the same for yours

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Vola said...

I often watch Bollywood movies. There is something special about honour and pride thaht I love !!!!!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Vola said...

Ooops sorry for the mistakes. I write English as a spanish cow (ah bon, ça se dit pas ? ;-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home